In the last two blogs in the series about Application Of Different Programming Languages, we discussed the top 8 programming language according to PYPL-Index .we discussed what are career opportunity and average salary.
But what about SQL, HTML and CSS these are also languages and every project consist of at least one of them. so what are they? let's understand them one by one.
- HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages
- HTML describes the structure of a Web page
- HTML consists of a series of elements
- HTML elements tell the browser how to display the content
- HTML elements label pieces of content such as “this is a heading”, “this is a paragraph”, “this is a link”, etc.
The purpose of a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari) is to read HTML documents and display them correctly.
Did you know that? When Berners-Lee was facing problems in organizing his notes, he created HTML to make the information accessible and easy to link.
2.CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- CSS describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on the screen, paper, or in other media
- CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at once
- External stylesheets are stored in CSS files
CSS is used to define styles for your web pages, including the design, layout and variations in display for different devices and screen sizes.
Did you know that? CSS was first intended in 1994 by Håkon Wium Lie while working at CERN with a computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee inventor of HTML.
2.SQL (Structured Query Language)
SQL stands for Structured Query Language.SQL is a database language, it is used for database creation, deletion, fetching rows, and modifying rows, etc. It is designed for managing data in a relational database management system (RDBMS).SQL lets you access and manipulate databases.
- Retrieve data from a database
- insert records in a database/update records in a database
- create new databases
- create views in a database
Some positions that require SQL skills include:
- Database administrator (DBA)
- Database migration engineer
- Data scientist
Salary: The average salary for a SQL Developer in India is ₹450631.
Did you know that? SQL is one of the most tested and proven languages in use, having been used in databases for over 40 years.
So with this, we end our three blog series on the Application Of Different Programming Languages. Haven't read the first part click on the link below :
Application Of Different Programming Languages (PART I)
Find out about some of the most popular programming languages, what they’re used for, what are the career opportunity…
Visit our website:
Learn, Innovate & Inspire - Platforuma®
Platforuma is an ED-Tech startup based in Indore, providing learning and Arduino Training, Python Learning, Robotics…
Author: Ashutosh Raghuwanshi